Monday, December 12, 2011

More Seizures

Coming off the heels of 2 ER visits in the last week and a half we headed into this weekend ready for anything but the med center. Friday afternoon greeted us with a short, 30 second seizure, 2 hours later another one, an hour and a half another one, and so on. In the mean time, we went through the protocol given by the doctors. After talking to the on call neurologist and neuro surgeon, we were told to increase his dosage of Keppra, his daily med. That didn't work, so by the time he seized on Saturday morning around 7am, it lasted 3 minutes and was much less subtle than the earlier episodes. Per the doctors' instructions, we gave Parker a dose of Diastat, which is similar to the meds used when we go to the ER. Fast forward to today and he hasn't seized since we gave him the Diastat. Leah spoke to our Neurologist today for N update and they informed us that His daily meds could take up to 2 weeks to take effect. We're glad to know that now, and glad to spend a weekend at home without meeting any new doctors (in person). As for us, Leah has presents wrapped and under the tree and she's slowly getting ready to go back to work. I am still getting my annual hunts/ fishing trips in while pushing through the year-end madness at work. Parker is the cutest kid in the world and it's time for him to go to bed. Good night

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dave and Leah,

    My name is Vanessa McNear. I live in Tomball and wanted to reach out to you if you needed any support. I hold a every other month Hydrocephalus support group meeting. I haven't updated my blog in a while but it's http://maddoxsstory.blogspot.com/. Maddox is almost 2 1/2 now, and we have been through all of the seizure trauma also. Just wanted you to know you are not alone and if you need me I am here. Please feel free to e-mail me vanessa.chacon@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete